Pages

Monday, October 8, 2012

31 Day Nail Art Challenge --- Day 23, Movie

It took me a while to choose from the many movies I love for my inspired by a movie manicure. Finally, I settled on Harry Potter. I've painted Harry Potter nails before, which was for the release of the final movie (shown below). The thumb was inspired by the poster of Harry and Voldemort with the Elder Wand between them. Then I had a random design on the pinkie, the Dumbledore's Army logo, the Deathly Hallows and the Harry Potter logo, splattered with blood.


Anyways, let's get to my new Harry Potter manicure.


My thumb is the Harry Potter logo, with a base of Black Satin from Rimmel. The logo is painted with acrylics. My pointer finger is the Golden Snitch, painted with acrylics on a base of Black Satin. My middle finger is the Dark Mark, painted in acrylics with a base of Black Satin. My ring finger is the Undesirable No. 1 poster. The white is White On from Sally Hansen and the black is acrylic and a black striper. My pinkie is the Deathly Hallows, with a base of Black Satin. The white is acrylic.

I also happen to have a really random Harry Potter tutorial from a design on my right hand.

If you have ever felt like being a one eyed-evil wizard-hunting-auror, then this tutorial is for you.


Here we go. A Mad-Eye Moody "eye" tutorial. This can be painted directly onto the nail or on a plastic bag.

1. Paint a clear coat onto a plastic bag. *If painting directly onto the nail, simply apply your base colour.  When the base is dry, use a large dotting tool and make a white circle. 

2. Paint on the brown leather straps.

3. Next, rim the white circle with gold.

4. Once the white and gold are dry, make a blue circle in the eye. This will be the iris.

5. Add some light blue for detail to the eye, then add a slightly lopsided black pupil.

6. Add white highlights to the eye.

7. Add some shading to the bottom of the eye to give a more three-dimensional look.

8. Finally, add details, such as the silver and black screws holding the eye together.

I hope you guys enjoy! 

5 comments:

  1. Woah. This. Is. So. COOL. How did you get the lettering on your ring finger so perfect? I still seem to have trouble with that. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This. Is. So. COOL. How did you do the lettering so perfect on your ring finger? Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! As for the writing, it was partly patience. Also, if you take the word you're using, and find the middle letter(s) and write them first, it helps to not only keep the word centered, but also make the letters a uniform size.

      Delete
    2. Ohh that's a good idea! I'd gotten better at the fonts but could not get the words to fit on my nail. I'll have to try that out sometime. Thanks!

      Delete
    3. Definitely. There's no better way to learn than to try. :p

      Delete

I would love to hear from you guys! Let me know what you think of the blog, the art and most of all, what YOU would like to see on here!