Pages

Monday, January 27, 2014

#LLreinvention

I decided to join the Lacquer Legion's monthly challenge, and this month's theme was Reinvention. It took me a while to come up with an idea for this. After all, reinvention can be interpreted in many ways. After much thinking, I finally settled on this: Mermaid scale nails. So how exactly is this reinvention? Well, for 2014, I am reinventing myself as a mermaid. Okay, not actually possible, but still, it'd be cool if I could be a mermaid. I really love the beach and swimming. Unfortunately though, I have to come up for air quite often. And now for the nails.

I am warning you now. This post is filled with MANY photos. I've never really done a holo manicure, so photographing it turned into a fun challenge. Also, some of these photos were included only because the sun shining makes me think of summer. :p On my pinkie and pointer finger, I used two coats of Frostbite from China Glaze, then one coat of Deviantly Daring from China Glaze. On my middle finger and thumb I did a gradient of both colours, and my ring finger is painted with Frostbite. I topped all my nails off with Luxe and Lush from China Glaze, then drew on the scales with my calligraphy pen and India ink.


The next several photos were taken underwater to bring out the different colours in the polishes.



Of course I had to bring out some shells and coral for the mermaid scale nails.








These have to be my favourite photos, just because of the sun shining. They make me think of summer and being at the beach. 





I hope you guys enjoy! And hopefully, the summer sun will be here soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you guys! Let me know what you think of the blog, the art and most of all, what YOU would like to see on here!